CricketVoice.com | The Cricket Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The arcade game section is back!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

AuthorTopic: New Hindi Movies (last 3 months)  (Read 4934 times)

Please post once and this message will disappear! Introduce yourself, say hello, jump into a discussion...

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
  • Money: 2274762.00
New Hindi Movies (last 3 months)
« on: August 17, 2006, 04:32:53 PM »
I've been totally out of touch with the latest movies. Can people share some of the recent good movies, esp. good comedies?

suraj

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 16088.00
  • How about a tattoo with my name??
Re: New Hindi Movies (last 3 months)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 04:55:57 PM »
i enjoyed Golmaal- stupid but funny

Omkara is the movie to watch though- but not a comedy

See Rang de Basanti if you haven't yet

I don't think you are missing much other than these

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 04:56:52 PM »

rang de basanti i saw, my parents brought it along when they came to visit. very good.

how is PHIR HERA PHERI / FANNA?

suraj

• Team of the Century
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 04:59:59 PM »

rang de basanti i saw, my parents brought it along when they came to visit. very good.

didn't like Fanaa- Aamir and Kajol do their job bt storyline is very weak and movie drags with umpteen shero-shayari and slow movements. I was too impatient and felt it wasted my precious time (21/2 hrs I could have spent on DG ;D ;D)

didn't see Phir Hera Pheri but reviews are not that good

dhruvdeepak

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Money: 1914185.00
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 05:05:46 PM »

phir hera pheri is one of the worst movies i have seen. a total shambles i dont know what the hell they were attempting with that - a classic (hera pheri) got ruined IMO. the scenes were not even funny, the plot was worse than retarded and some of the acting - yuck. paresh rawal from such a great job in the first movie becomes the most irritating guy you will see.

fanaa was average/below average. the movie starts well and carries on very nicely till about halfway. the acting is genuinely good by AK and kajol and the story is quite appealing, but they totally ruin the movie in the last 45 mins or so with a terrible conclusion. if i told you the story now you would agree, but that would ruin the movie (if you are going to see it)

omkara was a very good movie - i think most will agree.

two good movies i've heard good things about are Gangster and Corporate. waiting to see those.
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

dhruvdeepak

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 05:10:18 PM »
other good movies to watch (fairly recent) -
Being Cyrus, and Apahaaran.

I want to see Taxi9211

a little older stuff - Sarkar, Parineeta, Raincoat.
unfortunately bollywood hasnt set the world on fire recently with many movies of note.
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Bismallah Rahim izzz I izzz score 15017 runs
  • Team of the Century
  • Money: 44968.00
  • sekho na naino ki bhasha..
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 05:22:29 PM »
taxi 9211 - fullto timepass movie, nana patekar is great
being cyrus - sorry but too complicated, dont understand the point of the movie
gangster - awesomeness especially the music
corporate - nothing to write home about except according to people performances. not a story to make a movie on, perhaps a documentary would have been better
Why did the chicken cross the road?

According to Le Chatelier:

The chicken crossed the road because there were too many moles of chicken
on the reactants side of the road equilibrium.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 05:27:13 PM »
anyone know if Malamaal Weekly is good

suraj

• Team of the Century
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 05:31:27 PM »
anyone know if Malamaal Weekly is good

Cheap and bakwaas:its copied from an Irish movie "Waking Ned Devine" which was really much better

I also didn't like Taxi... it is copied from "Changing lanes" which itself was no good so I question the sanity of the director who copied it

Being Cyrus- I actually enjoyed (its a small scree DVD movie, not a big theater kind)
Gangster- good but predictable

Another simple but good DVD movie is Main, Meri Patni Aur Woh Rajpal Yadav really shines and some good moments without hysteria

« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 05:35:55 PM by suraj »

Jai

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 6771.00
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 05:39:18 PM »
It's really tough to recommend a good hindi film in the past few months. But sine you asked, I'll do so, but don't ask for money back if you don't like it.

1) Gangstar, loosely based on the Abu Salem-Monika Bedi love story, pretty well directed...fine performances by the lead cast and the best music of the year so far. If Pritam Chakraborty doesn't win Filmfare award this time, I'll boycott the award forever.

2) Corporate, a Madhur Bhandarkar film....watchable. I think Tabu/Konkana would have done a better job than Bips. Kay Kay was wasted. Rajat Kapur shines in a powerful role.

3) Humko Deewana Kar Gaye, a total timepass love story...but watchable. If you like Kaif (not the one jfk likes, but the heroine), then watch it just for her. Nice songs and picturization, especially the 'Fanaa' number.

4) Krrish has been released too, although I am yet to watch it. The biggest blockbuster of the year so far, lot of Matrix like stunts. And between the two directors with K fixation, I'll any day watch a movie made by Rakesh Roshan than KJo.

I am not recommending any old movies or movies that were released more than 2-3 months ago. Btw, have you watched 'Haazaron Khawaishein Aisi'? Watch it if you haven't. And also '15 Park Avenue'.

suraj

• Team of the Century
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 05:46:01 PM »
It's really tough to recommend a good hindi film in the past few months. But sine you asked, I'll do so, but don't ask for money back if you don't like it.

1) Gangstar, loosely based on the Abu Salem-Monika Bedi love story, pretty well directed...fine performances by the lead cast and the best music of the year so far. If Pritam Chakraborty doesn't win Filmfare award this time, I'll boycott the award forever.

2) Corporate, a Madhur Bhandarkar film....watchable. I think Tabu/Konkana would have done a better job than Bips. Kay Kay was wasted. Rajat Kapur shines in a powerful role.

3) Humko Deewana Kar Gaye, a total timepass love story...but watchable. If you like Kaif (not the one jfk likes, but the heroine), then watch it just for her. Nice songs and picturization, especially the 'Fanaa' number.

4) Krrish has been released too, although I am yet to watch it. The biggest blockbuster of the year so far, lot of Matrix like stunts. And between the two directors with K fixation, I'll any day watch a movie made by Rakesh Roshan than KJo.

I am not recommending any old movies or movies that were released more than 2-3 months ago. Btw, have you watched 'Haazaron Khawaishein Aisi'? Watch it if you haven't. And also '15 Park Avenue'.

'Haazaron Khawaishein Aisi' was simply awesome
Krish was dissappointing
Iqbal really good too

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Bismallah Rahim izzz I izzz score 15017 runs
  • Team of the Century
  • Money: 44968.00
  • sekho na naino ki bhasha..
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 05:54:18 PM »

if our answer to the matrix is krishh god save us, why would i go to a bollywood action movie? romance yes, in fact the likes of notebook and titanic to me seem like fake romance when compared to a silsila or kabhi kabhi
Why did the chicken cross the road?

According to Le Chatelier:

The chicken crossed the road because there were too many moles of chicken
on the reactants side of the road equilibrium.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 1560240.00
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 06:00:26 PM »
Krish .. answer to Matrix??

---
*message to self* breathe, breathe , slow and steady, calm down, deep inhale...and then exhale. Hmmm.. feeling better and calmer.
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

Jai

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 6771.00
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 07:03:21 PM »
Who said Krrish is our answer to Matrix? Do you guys even read a post before writing a reply? All I said was Krrish has some stunts that were designed on the same line as the stunts in Matrix. Period.

suraj

• Team of the Century
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 07:09:49 PM »
Who said Krrish is our answer to Matrix? Do you guys even read a post before writing a reply? All I said was Krrish has some stunts that were designed on the same line as the stunts in Matrix. Period.

This is Chinese whispers- by the time the message reaches the thrid person it is all distorted

dhruvdeepak

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 11:37:10 PM »
i think comparing bollywood movies to hollywood movies in the first place is a big mistake. they are designed to serve different societies consisting of totally different people. IMO bollywood does a great job of serving its purpose in society, and to compare a Krish to a Matrix gives a totally wrong perspective
-- Mohandas K *hi

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 02:56:15 AM »
In anycase, other than Matrix I the rest were crap.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 1767433.00
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2006, 07:02:04 AM »
Must Watch: Rang De Basanti, Omkara
Also Okay: Fanaa, Mein Meri Patni aur Woh, Gangster, Corporate
DONT EVEN GO NEAR: Krissh, Phir Hera Pheri, Pyaare Mohan, Tom Dick & Harry, KANK
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.