CricketVoice.com | The Cricket Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

AuthorTopic: HCA announces prize money for local leagues  (Read 1244 times)

Please post once and this message will disappear! Introduce yourself, say hello, jump into a discussion...

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 3901649.00
HCA announces prize money for local leagues
« on: June 03, 2009, 07:59:06 PM »
HCA announces prize money for leagues

Principal Correspondent

HYDERABAD: The Hyderabad Cricket Association has decided to offer prize money for its various League championships in the 2009-2010 season.

HCA secretary M.V. Sridhar informed the media on Tuesday that all League championship winning teams would be given Rs. 50,000 each and the runners-up Rs. 25,000.

“We have also decided to give ‘best player’ and the ‘most promising cricketer’ awards in all age groups from under-14 to Ranji Trophy, and present each of them Rs. 1 lakh as incentive. Even the remuneration of the coaches and the selectors of the relevant age groups will be doubled if their respective teams win any national championships,” Mr. Sridhar said.

Early start

The league is starting early as the HCA wants to complete nine three-day matches before the start of the Buchi Babu and the Moin-ud-Dowla Gold Cup championships so as to give the players adequate chance to show their form, he said.

This year, all of the leagues will have only 14 instead of the regular 20 teams. In the Moin-ud-Dowla Gold Cup, this time there will be only eight teams (all State teams and no private teams) and the event will be played on a three-day format.

BCCI vice-president N. Shivlal Yadav, Test cricketer V.V. S. Laxman, Venkatapathi Raju and Arshad Ayub will be the members of the newly-formed Cricket Advisory Committee which will make suggestions for betterment of sport.

Raju to be Ranji coach

Mr. Sridhar also announced the appointment of former Test player Venkatapathi Raju as the chief coach of the Hyderabad Ranji team replacing Kanwaljit Singh who will now be assisting the coaches in charge of various age groups.

In a bid to give fillip to cricket in districts, HCA will start an under-19 tournament for districts besides appointing a qualified coach in each of the affiliated units. There are also plans to start a separate league for the district units.

“Even women’s cricket will get its due importance with the scheduling of a separate league and also an inter-State championship,” Sridhar said.

ICL cricketers back

The BCCI has informed the HCA that all the ICL cricketers who relinquished their contracts with ICL (except Kaushik Reddy whose request was the last to be sent and response is still awaited) can be permitted to play in domestic cricket.

Chief coaches: Ranji Trophy: S.L.V.P. Raju. Under-25: Harinarayana Rao. Under-22: Ramesh Kumar. Under-19: R. Sridhar. Under-16: Vidyuth Jaisimha. Under-14: Girish.

Selection panels: Ranji Trophy: N. P. Singh (chairman), Youraj Singh, Vanka Pratap and Vishnuvardhan. Juniors: Youraj Singh (chairman), Vijay Kumar, Naresh Sharma and Imran Mehmood. Schools: Imran Mehmood, T. Ravi Kumar, Shivaji Yadav and Riyaz Shaikh.

http://www.hindu.com/2009/06/04/stories/2009060453521600.htm

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
Re: HCA announces prize money for local leagues
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 08:09:44 PM »
Some of the coaches in the age group ranks are the ones I played with.  Most of them respresented Hyderabad U-19, U-25 etc at one stage or the other and couple even played Ranji.  Cannot believe some of the guys I played with now are still involved with HCA and cricket.  It almost feels nostalgic to sit here in the U.S. and read some of the guys you played with are today coaches help shape perhaps future Indian players.

inoc

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 361043.00
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 09:40:21 PM »
Some of the coaches in the age group ranks are the ones I played with.  Most of them respresented Hyderabad U-19, U-25 etc at one stage or the other and couple even played Ranji.  Cannot believe some of the guys I played with now are still involved with HCA and cricket.  It almost feels nostalgic to sit here in the U.S. and read some of the guys you played with are today coaches help shape perhaps future Indian players.

rams

i can feel your excitement. your unabashed enthusiasm for Hyderabad cricket is exemplary and it makes the likes of me sheepish because I dont take any interest at all, in my state team i.e., other than the occasional cursory glance at scorecards.  :notworthy:

it reminds me, and I may have asked you this earlier, what happened to those record breaking school kids?

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:29:49 AM »

rams

i can feel your excitement. your unabashed enthusiasm for Hyderabad cricket is exemplary and it makes the likes of me sheepish because I dont take any interest at all, in my state team i.e., other than the occasional cursory glance at scorecards.  :notworthy:

Inoc:It is true my enthusiasm for Hyd. cricket is very visible.  That has a lot to do with my participation at league/College level and playing the game on top of being a maniac following it at all levels State/National/International.  Actually I am in the same age group as Raju only a few months older to him.  I have played with a lot of the players that rubbed shoulders with the likes of Azza and Shivlal on a regular basis.  We would talk it as a religion and discuss various aspects on a daily basis after the end of our daily practices or after match days.  They were fun filled days on how various contenders performed on a given Sunday after the local league matches and who would appear in the Monday and Tuesday's version of DC and The Hindu.  Yours truly was part of the list quite a few times.  You need a minimum of 30 runs scored or have taken 3 or more wickets to make the cut into the paper.  So it is quite natural when you see some of these players you know now offered positions and it makes me nostalgic when I see they are still very closely associated with the game and HCA.  Nothing more than that.  Even now when I go back to Hyd. I still meet up with some of my old buddies and catch up on things and recollect the good old days of playing and participating and following the game we grew up adoring and dreaming about.

it reminds me, and I may have asked you this earlier, what happened to those record breaking school kids?
Unless they continue on that special partnership it will be tough.  I lost track.  But will find out again for you and post when I find something out.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 12:33:11 AM by ramshorns »
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.