CricketVoice.com | The Cricket Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The arcade game section is back!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

AuthorTopic: cricket should be banned in india : For next 10 years  (Read 3141 times)

Please post once and this message will disappear! Introduce yourself, say hello, jump into a discussion...

rishabsharma

• Spectator
  • Money: 1000.00
cricket should be banned in india : For next 10 years
« on: March 02, 2009, 03:32:05 PM »
There is an interesting post http://ibuzz.nitinh.com/2009/02/cricket/ban-cricket-in-india-for-next-10-year/.

What is your stand on it? Should cricket be banned?

I somewhat agree with the author.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Money: 4569291.00
  • My daughter.
Re: cricket should be banned in india : For next 10 years
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 03:40:20 PM »
Mod note:Kindly put your entire post here. As per our DG rules, linking to personal blogs/ websites/ discussion groups are not allowed.

12th_Man

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 1446313.00
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 03:50:04 PM »
Here: This will save a click or two for members.
http://ibuzz.nitinh.com/2009/02/cricket/ban-cricket-in-india-for-next-10-year/

I am writing this post after a disastrous performance of indian cricket team at wellington(NewZealand) in 2nd T20 Match. So i may be a little biased, but overall if you think, you will find these reason/points genuine.

Cricket has became a religion in India, its reach is very deep rooted in our lives.
So here we.

A lot of time is wasted in watching live cricket.
Some Electricity can also be saved if cricket is banned.
On a average cricketing day, highest traffic query on google trends is around cricket match. So banning cricket will save a lot of bandwidth.
If India wins than an average indian wastes about 1hr in discussing that match
If India looses we(atleast me) feel very low, like i have lost a lot. This results in hampered productivity
These reasons are more like personal, on a larger front cricket is simply eating other sports. Somewhere cricket is also responsible for our bad performance in other sports. For gods sake just one individual gold in olympics.
With cricket only large companies are getting profit, not a average indian. So, for a INDIAs betterment please ban cricket for atleast next 10 yrs
May be i am not fully correct, but indian team deserves such article after such a bad performance..Do write your comments.

12th_Man

• Team of the Century
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 03:56:44 PM »
What is your stand on it? Should cricket be banned?
I somewhat agree with the author.

Well, If this would work then India has a huge popullation. Should we ban producing ......... ?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:21:18 PM by 12th_Man »

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Money: 2975306.00
  • Cover Point
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 06:03:30 PM »
may i have permission to have a go at the *****?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 06:25:15 PM by kban1 »
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

k-slice

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Money: 1519171.00
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 06:11:35 PM »
nagma
you said it. *****!
the poster does not understand the secondary and tertiary positive effects that cricket has on the economy. electricity consumption is a good thing. and as far as him feeling low goes, dude ever heard of xanax? that too will help the economy as yo BUY it. and for large companies growing rich, doesnt it mean that they employ MORE people?? this is such a retarded argument I cannot believe i am partaking in it. guess I am retarded too.

Ps India won one gold medal and cricket is to blame how? I for one am not terribly excited about going and watching rifle shooting. make it exciting and people will go watch and then the money wil come in.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 06:25:45 PM by kban1 »

vincent

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 489776.00
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 06:19:07 PM »
I think the title and the conclusion of this article is wrong. A real good debate could have been on : What are the positive and negative aspects of the popularity of Cricket in India : On Economy, on the development of other sports, on overall past-time of people, on the youth etc,etc).

12th_Man

• Team of the Century
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 06:22:16 PM »
may i have permission to have a go at the ****** ?
Why my friend? Free world. My wife and kids think the same way .. Cricket should be banned for some time.  ;D  ;D

gouravk

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 162557.00
  • Which way will this ball swing ?
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 06:28:36 PM »
the original poster is a loser of the highest order  ;D ;D
...Tvameva Vidya Dravidam Tvameva ... Tvameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva !!

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 07:01:39 PM »
may i have permission to have a go at the ****** ?
Why my friend? Free world. My wife and kids think the same way .. Cricket should be banned for some time.  ;D  ;D

As does my wife .... but they have other motives ... they dont typically go to cricket boards and make retarded claims.

flute

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 508431.00
  • Mother India
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 07:09:47 PM »
lay off guys..rishabsharma has a good point but probably the reasons cited are not correct.

my chief complaint with cricket is that it is not athletic. Indians will be much better served by a sport like football..it is more athletic and will help in fitter young blokes if it is as popular as cricket.

India's traditional sports like kabbaddi,hocket, koko, wrestling are all much better for mind and body compared to cricket.

as for banning cricket, well we all know it is not practical and nobody can do it in India, not even a military dictator..so chill and hope that eventually cricket fades a bit and concedes space to more athletic sports in India, ours is a young nation, we need to have fit, strong and well built young people ( both mentally and physically).
Where the mind is without fear and the head held high;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
let my country awake.

12th_Man

• Team of the Century
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 07:28:25 PM »
Why would cricket suffer because other sports can't evolve themselves in country ?
As per athleticism, Please try bowling fast for 10 overs with one over break and give everything in every ball. Try playing an innigns of 50 + runs Where you can hit sixes and sprint running between wickets at the same time.Being a fileder, Make sure to take start on every ball and follow(run) towards ball direction.
One can be an Aalu or Bhalu within the limtations of sport.Yes the required agility is not of basketball. But
every sport has its own merits. The traditional sports has its limitations how far you an excel in them.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 07:35:16 PM »
exactly. The how many games go on for 7-8 hours a day?

I have played soccer in my time too ... and despite the quick bursts needed .... the energy and fitness needed in a cricket game (played properly) cant be matched.

If you are a lazy bum who just wants to stay in the slips then yes you may not find enough exercise ... but if you play hard and walk in with the bowler and bowl 6-10 overs a game or as our friend 12th man says ... score a 50 ... u know you have worked hard.

vincent

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 489776.00
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 07:46:48 PM »
Yes, I agree. Physical excercise is not the issue. The key question I always have - despite being a great fan of Cricket - is how can the rural and the poor people practice the game, the real game that is and not rbber ball and a wooden stick. Football is not the same. Any street kid or a village boy can practice with a ball just as kids in the US can practice with a Basket ball.

flute

• Team of the Century
  • Mother India
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 07:48:25 PM »
Please try bowling fast for 10 overs with one over break and give everything in every ball.

AGREED this is athleticism for sure..my point was not that athleticism is totally absent in cricket but how much? how many cricketers really bowl fast and of them how many really bowl 10 overs at a stretch?

Try playing an innigns of 50 + runs Where you can hit sixes and sprint running between wickets at the same time.
:)sorry you are confusing physical activity with athleticism

Being a fileder, Make sure to take start on every ball and follow(run) towards ball direction.

:)sorry again but you are confusing physical activity with athleticism

as you said, every sport has its own merits, but my point was, from the POV of physical athleticism, others sports including india's traditional sports serve our young better compared to 7-8 lazy boys standing around on cricket field mostly while the batsman and bowlers go at each other. if you disagree, you will have to come at me with more than lil examples of athleticism in cricket because that is not my main point..my point was in comparative terms .

Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
let my country awake.

12th_Man

• Team of the Century
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 07:56:14 PM »
Flute, You may be aware i avoid long posts unless it is Copy and Paste from a website :). I think i have made my point and don't have more to add.

flute

• Team of the Century
  • Mother India
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 08:04:28 PM »
Flute, You may be aware i avoid long posts unless it is Copy and Paste from a website :). I think i have made my point and don't have more to add.
thanks for the tip..so usually it is easy to bamboozle you and you are not able to respond. I will bring out the kbani instincts from within each time I debate with you  :)
let my country awake.

WicketView

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 1280642.00
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 08:25:43 PM »
Flute, Vincent:

It is fine if you guys prefer football (a game I also enjoyed playing myself). It is also fine (in fact I think it would be very much appreciated by most cricket loving folks) if you guys want to promote these sports and make them as popular as cricket. But saying that cricket should be banned for any of this is ridiculous. I am sure you did not want to say this, but if you look at the context in the thread, it almost sounds that way.

Also, do notice that the banning of cricket was due to the defeats in 2 2020s in NZ  :o :o

flute

• Team of the Century
  • Mother India
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 08:37:42 PM »
Flute, Vincent:

It is fine if you guys prefer football (a game I also enjoyed playing myself). It is also fine (in fact I think it would be very much appreciated by most cricket loving folks) if you guys want to promote these sports and make them as popular as cricket. But saying that cricket should be banned for any of this is ridiculous. I am sure you did not want to say this, but if you look at the context in the thread, it almost sounds that way.

Also, do notice that the banning of cricket was due to the defeats in 2 2020s in NZ  :o :o
WV, it is ridiculous to say that either myself or vincent suggest banning of cirket  :)
why get stuck with the title of the thread when you can read each individual post ( which are from different members offering differing view points) within the thread?  :)
let my country awake.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 08:53:36 PM »
Flute, Vincent:

WV, it is ridiculous to say that either myself or vincent suggest banning of cirket  :)
why get stuck with the title of the thread when you can read each individual post ( which are from different members offering differing view points) within the thread?  :)

chalo lets leave it alone ....

how about we change the thread to attacking the mods for modifying my post. I mean that is a fight we have not had in a long time :)

12th_Man

• Team of the Century
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »

how about we change the thread to attacking the mods for modifying my post. I mean that is a fight we have not had in a long time :)
Sirji, A member makes the first post based on what he feel about state of a game. You jump on him to call by name(you know what) and vibe against Mods for modifying your post.  Aapko mera  pranam. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

12th_Man

• Team of the Century
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 09:18:53 PM »
thanks for the tip..so usually it is easy to bamboozle you and you are not able to respond. I will bring out the kbani instincts from within each time I debate with you  :)
Flute, I am not here for winning or losing debates. I enjoy different POV's on same topic by diverse set of fans unless they throw di*t on my religion  ;) .
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:26:53 PM by 12th_Man »

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 09:36:54 PM »

Sirji, A member makes the first post based on what he feel about state of a game. You jump on him to call by name(you know what) and vibe against Mods for modifying your post.  Aapko mera  pranam. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

what can i say .... its a boring day today .... its snowing outside and i stayed home :)

the game doesnt start until 7:00 :)

flute

• Team of the Century
  • Mother India
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 09:53:11 PM »
Flute, I am not here for winning or losing debates. I enjoy different POV's on same topic by diverse set of fans unless they throw di*t on my religion  ;) .
while a debate is not aboue winning or losing, changing ones view is not losing, mind you.

a debate can also be used to modify or adjust ones views based on new analysis..it surely is not losing if one modifies his/her opinion..not indulging in long posts can also be because of mental laziness and inability to clearly articulate one's view point. Now, I am not saying these apply to you, but simply putting the possibilities on the table  :)

as for throwing di*t, maaan you are so proper, do not even want to spell out dirt completely..I guess you are the european sort who doesn't mind carrying dirt
handkerchief in the pocket, while I am the indian type who hates those handkerchiefs and doesn't mind pointing out the unclean ways of handkerchiefs ( some people think pointing that out is actually thorwing dirty handkerchiefs) :)

I hope this post is long enough  ???
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:04:05 PM by flute »
let my country awake.

WicketView

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 1280642.00
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 10:04:01 PM »
Flute, Vincent:

;D Look at the part of my post with bold fonts.

I have nothing for or against the points you want to make ... if they are to promote other games. I am just saying that it is a different topic, and should not  start by saying
lay off guys..rishabsharma has a good point but probably the reasons cited are not correct.

teamindia

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 291993.00
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 10:14:42 PM »
exactly. The how many games go on for 7-8 hours a day?

I have played soccer in my time too ... and despite the quick bursts needed .... the energy and fitness needed in a cricket game (played properly) cant be matched.

If you are a lazy bum who just wants to stay in the slips then yes you may not find enough exercise ... but if you play hard and walk in with the bowler and bowl 6-10 overs a game or as our friend 12th man says ... score a 50 ... u know you have worked hard.

Did you just call RD names?  ;D

On unrelated note, isn't sport a personal choice? Why everyone should follow or not one sport or other. If you like soccer follow it, if you don't, follow whatever you like. What is this about banning a sport?

And those who want to ban cricket should be compared to Muthalik and Renuka aunty should call it Talibanisation of India.  ::Whip::  ::Whip::

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Money: 217524.00
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 12:09:05 PM »
nagma
you said it. *****!
the poster does not understand the secondary and tertiary positive effects that cricket has on the economy. electricity consumption is a good thing. and as far as him feeling low goes, dude ever heard of xanax? that too will help the economy as yo BUY it. and for large companies growing rich, doesnt it mean that they employ MORE people?? this is such a retarded argument I cannot believe i am partaking in it. guess I am retarded too.

Ps India won one gold medal and cricket is to blame how? I for one am not terribly excited about going and watching rifle shooting. make it exciting and people will go watch and then the money wil come in.

We have some adrenalin rushing stuff "live" on TV... I have seen two in under 4 months.. and it comes free...why pay for some one firing at clay

RicePlateReddy

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 1162821.00
  • Chamat song
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 04:05:44 PM »
If cricket has become a religion and therefore needs to be banned, what about actual religions. Cricket is far less destructive than most religions, even when Sehwag is in full flow.

Lack of productivity when India loses  ;D ?
I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. - (thanks, Hugh Gallagher)

12th_Man

• Team of the Century
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 07:52:53 PM »
If cricket has become a religion and therefore needs to be banned, what about actual religions. Cricket is far less destructive than most religions, even when Sehwag is in full flow.

Lack of productivity when India loses  ;D ?
Shouldn't it work the other way though? Once the team consistently loses, The interest in watching games dissipates and one produces more(what ? ).  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.