CricketVoice.com | The Cricket Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The arcade game section is back!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

AuthorTopic: Non Cricket: Dutch honor Manoj Tiwari with a stamp  (Read 2243 times)

Please post once and this message will disappear! Introduce yourself, say hello, jump into a discussion...

CLR James

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 330150.00
Non Cricket: Dutch honor Manoj Tiwari with a stamp
« on: April 13, 2008, 08:33:47 PM »

http://www.ibosnetwork.com/newsmanager/templates/template1.aspx?articleid=21304&zoneid=4

Dutch honor Manoj Tiwari with a stamp
Sunday, April 13, 2008 -

Bhojpuri cinema has crossed international shores. As one of the two major Bhojpuri icons, Manoj Tiwari (the other being Ravi Kissen) has been honored with a stamp bearing him, not in India, but all the way into Netherlands.

Tiwari has played a key role in popularizing Bhojpuri cinema in India over the recent years and is emerging an icon for the Bhojpuri people in general. Given the Netherlands' government was looking to honor an Indian, and given the presence of Bhojpuri speakers there, the Dutch government has decided to issue a postal stamp on the singer-actor.

"It is a great honour for me and the Bhojpuri cinema. It would inspire me to give my best to the Bhojpuri cinema," a jubilant Manoj Tiwari was reported to have said. This is the first time a Bhojpuri star has been honored outside international borders.

Holland has a sizable population of people from eastern UP and Bihar.

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Bismallah Rahim izzz I izzz score 15017 runs
  • Team of the Century
  • Money: 44968.00
  • sekho na naino ki bhasha..
Re: Non Cricket: Dutch honor Manoj Tiwari with a stamp
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 10:12:30 PM »

http://www.ibosnetwork.com/newsmanager/templates/template1.aspx?articleid=21304&zoneid=4

Dutch honor Manoj Tiwari with a stamp
Sunday, April 13, 2008 -

Bhojpuri cinema has crossed international shores. As one of the two major Bhojpuri icons, Manoj Tiwari (the other being Ravi Kissen) has been honored with a stamp bearing him, not in India, but all the way into Netherlands.

Tiwari has played a key role in popularizing Bhojpuri cinema in India over the recent years and is emerging an icon for the Bhojpuri people in general. Given the Netherlands' government was looking to honor an Indian, and given the presence of Bhojpuri speakers there, the Dutch government has decided to issue a postal stamp on the singer-actor.

"It is a great honour for me and the Bhojpuri cinema. It would inspire me to give my best to the Bhojpuri cinema," a jubilant Manoj Tiwari was reported to have said. This is the first time a Bhojpuri star has been honored outside international borders.

Holland has a sizable population of people from eastern UP and Bihar.

The author is probably refering to people from Surinam, a former colony of the Netherlands
Why did the chicken cross the road?

According to Le Chatelier:

The chicken crossed the road because there were too many moles of chicken
on the reactants side of the road equilibrium.

OldPal

• Team of the Century
  • Money: 1000.00
Re: Non Cricket: Dutch honor Manoj Tiwari with a stamp
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 01:03:53 PM »
Manoj is a very good speaker apart from being a singer and actor, It is just amusing at times to watch funny videos .
One don't needs to understand bhojpuri to watch this :

<a href="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-5350996360048232040" target="_blank">http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-5350996360048232040</a>
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Subject Started by Replies Views Last post
Russian refuses Math's highest honor.. Donuts!!
Etc.
LosingNow 65 4056 Last post April 12, 2007, 09:45:32 PM
by sgusa
Sharad Pawar and Stamp paper scam
The Indian View
Libran 2 766 Last post September 06, 2006, 03:51:15 PM
by Libran
Question about Visa stamp
Etc.
dextrous 9 623 Last post December 23, 2006, 02:32:07 PM
by OldPal
Tiwari undergoes successful operation
General Cricket Discussion
esvee 0 259 Last post May 26, 2007, 10:52:02 PM
by esvee
Manoj Tiwari and Rohit Sharma
General Cricket Discussion
Cover Point 29 1626 Last post October 29, 2007, 07:17:08 AM
by Poochandi
Cricket-Ten Doeschate ton powers Dutch to 292-6 against England
Breaking Cricket News
cricket_news 0 192 Last post February 22, 2011, 02:00:16 PM
by cricket_news
Cricket-South Africa steamroll Dutch for second win
Breaking Cricket News
cricket_news 0 165 Last post March 03, 2011, 12:00:10 PM
by cricket_news

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.