Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wah Saurav!  (Read 1589 times)

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
Wah Saurav!
« on: April 24, 2009, 07:27:33 AM »

I feel inspired to open a thread on Saurav Ganguly, the leading light of KKR.

I suspect, the deeply philosophical kinds( and I am obviously not thinking about CP, he is an honorable exception) tend to mis-understand Ganguly.

Or rather, this new breed of the so-called western intellectuals, who are looking for a market to sell their high-blown, aerated ideas are often on collision course to the no-nonsense practicality of the practitioners of the simple game of cricket, the straight-forward way. Just an example. I am sure, this confrontation happens in other fields too.

Look at the modus operandi.
First they set the target, as to who might they have to face on their mission.
Next they think about removing him from their path. They have to dust out some conflicting idea from some other game......base-ball or football, in this case, just to un-hinge the existing captain, and introduce ideas of modularity,which are best suited for machine parts and not for sports played by human being.

The multi-captain theory has just been peddled to achieve the target of un-hinging Saurav Ganguly, make him an ordinary part of the whole and then gradually do away with him. This is as clear as it gets.

And what they have in his place? Brendon McCullum.......a fiery batsman in the best of his days, but lacking the character to be a leader in a high-profile set up.
Mr. Buchhanan ( I consider Shahrukh Khan naive enough to buy into his ideas), where is your much-anticipated Multi-captain theory, when we need it the most? Why is KKR languishing in the bottom, with such a collection of super-talented players? When will you start your mix and match operations?

KKR is a team without a soul. The soul( SRK) is sitting out in the pavilion and the brain( JB) is again, sitting out in the dressing room. We got to see him for the first time, when the super-over was about to commence. I thought hopefully, in anticipation that some brain-wave may hit the opposition out of the ground now. But alas, just the opposite happened! Warnie's brain-wave out-witted Buchhy's brain-wave.

I am still wondering, what thought process went into pushing Laxmi Ratan Shukla ahead of Ganguly?!!
Did the KKR management want to convey to SG, that he is redundant? I am sure, they will come up with the lame theory that they did this in order to have some one experienced enough to counter Warne. But tell you what.........Shane Warne doesn't require that much experience to handle anymore. He has lost much of his potency with the ball.
And, they have placed Matthew Mott as a scape-goat, just in case one is required later on.

Finally about Ganguly...........what an innings!
46  runs in 30 balls with an S/R of 156...................more than that, the way he heralded the late-middle order to play around him, was an education for the young players. I wish, Hodge had remained a bit longer, learned a few tricks from the old- war horse, and not take the initiative himself!

I can only expect this from Saurav Ganguly and a few others in the Indian team, who can carry the team to potential victory from a seemingly hopeless situation. This is where I find Rahul Dravid wanting. Yes, he has been a great finisher, when India was setting a target. But being a finisher while chasing a target has been Ganguly's domain( although, he failed yesterday, still). Only a few can lay claim to that credit.....Yuvraj, Kaif and Robin Singh are the others, but no one has done it on more occsions like Ganguly.

My salute to SG!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 08:08:28 AM by Blwe_torch »

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
Re: Wah Saurav!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 09:37:19 AM »

46  runs in 30 balls with an S/R of 156...................more than that, the way he heralded the late-middle order to play around him, was an education for the young players. I wish, Hodge had remained a bit longer, learned a few tricks from the old- war horse, and not take the initiative himself!

My salute to SG!
Blwe:You are totally under-estimating Hodge's 20-20 game.

He has won a cup chasing 168 for the Liecs in the Final.

He carried the team to Win in the 20th over.

http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/80/80170.html

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 09:50:29 AM »

My salute to SG!
Blwe:You are totally under-estimating Hodge's 20-20 game.

He has won a cup chasing 168 for the Liecs in the Final.

He carried the team to Win in the 20th over.

http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/80/80170.html

Yes...no doubt, he is an immensely talented player. But his lack of experience in guiding the middle-order is showing unfortunately. A player of his type and calibre are expected to remain till the 18th over at least. Even, the other day, when he was well set.........he couldn't come anywhere near to finishing the job.

I am sure, there will be pressure on him to show results.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:21:17 AM by Blwe_torch »

gouravk

• Team of the Century
  • Which way will this ball swing ?
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 01:11:34 PM »

pathetic knight riders do not deserve a player of the quality of sourav. he should get a transfer asap
...Tvameva Vidya Dravidam Tvameva ... Tvameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva !!

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 08:06:14 PM »

pathetic knight riders do not deserve a player of the quality of sourav. he should get a transfer asap
He cant leave KKR.. there will be riots in Kolkata...and KKR franchise value will drop. SRK knows that
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

sudzz

• Team of the Century
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 08:58:20 PM »

It amazing how this team sucks this bad... on paper KKR is probably the best collection of available T20 talent at least on the batting front...

I think KKR is a organically degenerative team, good and great players come in and just cant deliver -the mental shackles are just too much I guess for them break...

inoc

• Team of the Century
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 12:25:47 AM »

It amazing how this team sucks this bad... on paper KKR is probably the best collection of available T20 talent at least on the batting front...

I think KKR is a organically degenerative team, good and great players come in and just cant deliver -the mental shackles are just too much I guess for them break...

i have to disagree on the bolded front. even if you just consider the batting - you must mean CG, BM, SG, BH for KKR.

other than the Rajasthan team all other teams have better or comparable line ups.

IMO.

KKR has a top heavy batting line up and a poor bowling team. they will matches, if at when the top fires and that too when they are chasing.

your argument that KKR have the best t20 batsmen is a little far fetched.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 01:03:14 AM »

disagree...only gayle and ganguly are world class players in the team right now. even if we count mccullum and hoge (thought i have yet to see him play a blistering match-changing inning in IPL)--that's just 4 players. beyond that, they seem quite weak on the paper even.

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 01:10:13 AM »

Hodge is an over-rated player. He sucked against us too. He is a domestic bully like UUU

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 03:21:17 AM »

i have to disagree on the bolded front. even if you just consider the batting - you must mean CG, BM, SG, BH for KKR.

other than the Rajasthan team all other teams have better or comparable line ups.

IMO.

KKR has a top heavy batting line up and a poor bowling team. they will matches, if at when the top fires and that too when they are chasing.

your argument that KKR have the best t20 batsmen is a little far fetched.

MI's top 4 are SRT, SJ, Dhawan, Duminy. DD's top 4 are (should eb rather) Warner, VS, GG, ABDe. CSK's top 4 are MH, PP, SR, MSD. DC's top 4 are AG, Gibbs, VVS, RS. All of these team's top 4 are as good or perhaps better than KKR's top 4 of CG, BM, SG, BH.

RicePlateReddy

• Team of the Century
  • Chamat song
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 03:28:54 AM »

MI's top 4 are SRT, SJ, Dhawan, Duminy. DD's top 4 are (should eb rather) Warner, VS, GG, ABDe. CSK's top 4 are MH, PP, SR, MSD. DC's top 4 are AG, Gibbs, VVS, RS. All of these team's top 4 are as good or perhaps better than KKR's top 4 of CG, BM, SG, BH.

I think it is a little early to make strong conclusions no? BM's inconsistency has been an issue but he can easily come out of it. Gayle is dangerous, Sourav seems in good touch from yesterday's innings (and we know what slighting him does to his form). Hodge is no muff with the bat. On paper at least, they all look fairly comparable for T20. I see KKR faring better from here onwards (not due to Buchanan!)
I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. - (thanks, Hugh Gallagher)

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 03:52:23 AM »

KKR are suffering bcos of an absence of incisive bowling.. Ishant is just not there in 20-20... AA is the usual AA we all know.. They should bring back Dinda..

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 05:59:41 AM »

Hodge is an over-rated player. He sucked against us too. He is a domestic bully like UUU

Unfortunately, most of these new-age Aussies are over-rated. :(
The only thing we can do is to stand and worship them, while they continue their charade of rank-mediocre performances.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 06:01:50 AM »

KKR are suffering bcos of an absence of incisive bowling.. Ishant is just not there in 20-20... AA is the usual AA we all know.. They should bring back Dinda..

I have an idea.
They can easily drop Cully...give him some rest...............bring in Wriddhiman Saha in his place. And in the bowling front, let them bring in Mashrafae Mortaza in place of Agarkar.
Hodge can be the captain ( if Buchanan has SG allergy).

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 06:03:47 AM »

I have an idea.
They can easily drop Cully...give him some rest...............bring in Wriddhiman Saha in his place. And in the bowling front, let them bring in Mashrafae Mortaza in place of Agarkar.
Hodge can be the captain ( if Buchanan has SG allergy).

please not mortaza!

sudzz

• Team of the Century
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 08:56:51 AM »

Why is Wriddhiman Saha not playing? is he injured? he was a very good batter and a good keeper as well

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 09:40:11 AM »

Saha was injured....not sure, if he is OK now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up